i suppose i am smiling today simply because i actually have the chance to sit down for a moment and post these smiles. seriously, the past week has been a whirlwind...between packing everything up, heading out of town, keeping up with the girls while not at home for 4 days, unpacking and being buried in the piles of laundry and "stuff", and, of course...sock monkeys...some serious monkeying around....as in 21 monkeys, stuffed, sewn, packed in a box and on their way to north carolina. and here i am...breaking to blog now that the downstairs is vacuumed and the kitchen counters cleared...nevermind the mounds of laundry waiting to be folded! :) anyway...here are our smiles!
1. some time to hang out and catch up with family!
the girls with uncle dennis and kaitlyn...this picture cracks me up! though they LOVE their uncle dennis, the girls were clearly NOT in the mood for a picture...which definitely makes it one for the albums!
uncle dave and aunt kim with the girls...again, while the girls love their aunt and uncle, they just weren't feeling particularly cooperative!
kate had lots of love for aunt kim!
3. reindeer fun. (they're all pretty darned cute...but daddy is definitely one hot reindeer!)
4. crafty goodness for elizabeth. grandma had TONS of crafty miscellany laying around, so elizabeth quite the ball creating masterpieces! and grandma even sent home two boxes of crafting and learning supplies...which made mommy quite excited. we've been doing lots of singing and dancing to the hap palmer and ella jenkins...marching around the alphabet and on and on...fun times! aunt kim bought the girls crayola art toys for Christmas, and they have already had TONS of fun with those!
6. mugho, the present opening wonder dog. seriously, he had his package open in 2 seconds flat...
7. matching girls. grandma and grandpa bought the girls these adorable dresses for Christmas (by now you have surely realized we had an early Christmas with Mike's family)....they didn't feel like sitting still for the picture, but you get the idea! (okay...i couldn't resist libs facial expression in the second picture....PRICELESS!)
9. q-tip painting with elizabeth and miranda. elizabeth was SO into this. in fact, today she has been begging to do more...so perhaps we'll be busting out the paint after nap time. i love the way she laid right down and the floor, getting oh-so-close, and concentrating to get her picture "just right". by the way, in case you are curious...her picture is of a purple rhinoceros, some red roses, and some water...
11. snow...i have to remember to smile about this one. i really don't love the idea of mike driving to work on the icy roads....but oh it just takes seeing it through the eyes of a 15 month old and a three year old to relive the wonder of the fluffy white flakes. mind you, there was just enough to dust the yard...but exciting nonetheless!
12. 21 monkeys packed in a box. while i did enjoy putting these monkeys together...i must say i am smiling a massive grin to know they are done and safely on their way to my sister....hopefully to find new homes and bring smiles to little ones this Christmas. maybe i will get michelle to take a picture before selling them at the show, as in our haste to get them shipped i didn't take even one picture of the bunch. the Christmas ones turned out so cute...with little knitted stocking caps atop their heads...
13. looking forward to my MOPS craft night tonight. we'll be making coasters and post-it holders...easy projects, but fun to hang out and chat with other moms.