1. having daddy home...after LOTS of long overtime hours, we were all thrilled to have daddy home with us for the weekend. elizabeth was especially thrilled to help daddy sift wheat for milling and bread baking...how precious it is to see how they love one another so!
2. the sound of elizabeth's voice belting out the words to "mighty to save" (from last weeks smiles!)...we were at a prayer and worship night at church sunday and sang this song. she was thrilled...and as for me...well, needless to say, i had tears streaming down my face as i listened to her tender little voice worshipping Jesus.
3. F...for flowers and frogs...F for friends, like the kind we had over for dinner friday night...F for fun...a week filled with it! :)
4. all these groceries for just $10...seriously! gotta love kroger and catalina coupons...we are stocked on granola bars and soup for quite awhile to come (and air fresheners too!).
5. sunday afternoon naps...its been quite awhile since i've snuggled in for a nap, but boy did it feel great! :)
6. papasan fun. in an ongoing attempt to organize and de-clutter we decided to get rid of the papasan in our bedroom, and when the girls discovered it downstairs--waiting to be hauled away--they had a blast goofing around it in. definitely some photo-worthy moments!
7. these little feet taking some steps. just yesterday kate gathered the courage to really give walking a try (shes taken a few steps before but not consistently or stably)...she's taking 5 or 6 steps at a time and really starting to balance. it is so amazing to see her gather confidence...and, of course, to see that HUGE grin and hear the belly laugh when she successfully makes it to her target! :)
8. laundry folding "help"...let me tell you, these two are the best helpers EVER! :) (how is it that elizabeth can successfully get daddy's big ol' socks on her legs AND arms but never seem to get her own on when we're in a hurry!?)
9. sights like this...elizabeth's future profession...clowning! the socks and shoes really make the outfit...dontcha think!?
11. one last smile...since i missed marking the day (which was actually saturday!)...it was 5 years ago saturday that mike asked me to be his wife...after a lovely day of walking on the canal, picnicking, and hanging in the park (and being "followed" by his photographer friend ALL day...i was quite oblivious to the fact...definitely blinded by love!--and, of course, now i can't find the file with the actual proposal picture...but this is us later in the day)