Saturday, November 7, 2009

i give....

okay...i am going to concede to the reality that there just won't be an official "ten smiles" for this week. BUT, i will share a few pics of our little monkey and cow...and perhaps some snippets from last week.



*as i mentioned before, H1N1 struck, taking me down...we think both of the girls had it as well, but thankfully their symptoms were very mild. mike became the main caregiver for jillian, and thankfully both of them avoided the sickies! actually, getting sick was good for our family...it gave mike some much needed time off at home...a chance to unwind and relax and bit...and best of all, a chance to bond with jillian in an incredible way! and, as for me, i had a chance to rest...

*while the really cold weather throughout october, mike's big project at work, and then the sickies interfered with our plans to do a pumpkin patch or the ZooBoo...we did carve pumpkins on halloween morning, and the girls and i made pumpkin cookies with cream cheese frosting. YUM!

*my mind is FULL to the brim and overflowing with crafty projects for Christmas stocking stuffers for the girls (good thing i have SO much time for crafting...HA!). i made the "mistake" of perusing etsy one evening, and oh my, my mind was filled with ideas for each of the girls...crayon wallets, baby doll slings, an elephant shaped lovey and elephant taggy animal for jillian, bibs...and on and on! i did find some time last night to do a bit of crafting...some burp cloths for a friend who just had a sweet baby girl a few days ago (hooray for another girlie buddy for jillian!) and another baby girl who was born a month ago.

*jillian sleeping through the night! right as i came down with the flu, jillian decided to begin sleeping through the night...what a considerate little girl! she is now consistently going 10 hour or more stretches at night and settling into an awesome routine during the day. she is SUCH a contented and joyful baby...what a blessing!

6 comments:

Amy's Blah, Blah, Blogging said...

so glad you guys are feeling better! I just got the H1N1 vaccine since I keep getting pneumonia. Here's hoping it works!

Glad you still had so much to smile about!

Little Candle said...

You are awesome...I miss you! Flu has struck here...I don't when we can swing a meet-up...Lets keep on praying, it will happen.

Cottage Mommy said...

Wow! Sleeping through the night....so nice. Quinn still doesn't sleep through but I'll admit I haven't tried very hard at it! I'm excited to meet you too and agree that it is a little nerve racking! Chelle just moved down the hill from me and I was brave today and dropped in on her to meet her for the first time! She is so nice and easy to talk to as I'm sure is everyone we will meet in March! Glad you are better and that none of you got hit too hard with the flu!

Leslie said...

love this little list.

minus the H1N1... but love all the inspiration your feeling. I too am so excited to craft away for my babies for the holidays..

Cade still won't sleep through consistently.... and that is a bummer... so Jillian come on over.. teach Caders..

Jackie said...

Oh, my goodness, so sorry you were sick, Amanda! - but glad that you and your hubby got a chance to rest a little and that he got to have some one on one with the baby! And she's sleeping through the night? That rocks!!!

Rebecca said...

what a cute little monkey and cow you have! so glad you're feeling better and for the smiles you've had even being sick!