finally i have time to sit down on a tuesday afternoon and share some smiles.
1. healthy girlies and a healthy hubby....as for a healthy mama...well, not so much! but that's okay...at least the rest of the fam is feeling good!
2. a break in the frigid coldness so we could get outside for a bit on thursday...and now, well....back to the frigidness...but at least each day brings us one day closer to spring-time and warmth!
3. finding fun in the little things...like the empty laundry hamper. i especially love that they both stood in here together grinning and giggling--and i love the smile on kate's face...because truly, in the midst of the sickies the smiles were few and far between!
4. the super tasty ham, pineapple, and provolone stromboli we created for dinner friday night....i was improvising, trying to recreate the flavor of a sandwich we ordered in one evening...figuring surely we could do a similar taste for less moo-lah...and it worked! :)
5. (i'm cheating...this is from the prior week...but its my blog, so i can do that!) the annual "taste" night at my church. you submit your favorite recipe, then make it and bring it that evening...and after a short testimony from a speaker and some door prizes, you get to taste everyone else's recipe....AND you leave with a HUGE stack of recipes! it is fabulous!
6. when the weather is cold and frightful and the sniffles have the whole house feeling ick, what better fun than to go fishing in a big ol' mixing bowl. this resulted in completely drenched but happy girlies!
7. maternity clothes "shopping" in a friend's closet earlier this afternoon. it makes me almost excited to bust into maternity clothes now that i have a whole new wardrobe waiting!
8. an evening of hanging out and socializing with our church flock group...so nice to get out of the house after being cooped up with the sickies...and how nice to have a reprieve for a day or two before i started feeling ick!
9. filling my freezer with a few extra meals (on top of the freezer cooking my girlfriends and i did a few weeks back). can i just say that freezer cooking makes my life SO much easier...especially with pregnancy. and girls, it can be done so easily...and saves SO much money! sunday i picked up a couple rotisserie chickens at costco and turned those into lunch AND four chicken pot pies for the freezer (i freeze the filling and then make a fresh crust the day of serving it). then i had so much energy i decided to whip up 5 batches of teriyaki chicken as well....that was 8 more dinners in the freezer (we ate one pot pie for dinner) and took me only 2 hours to do. i'd call that well worth the time!
10. teeny, tiny baby diapers. CVS had a deal and i had some ECBs that were expiring, so i started stocking up on pampers swaddlers (i'm a bit picky and love those for when the baby is really itty bitty--insert a big smile and eek as it once again hits me that we will have another itty bitty, teeny tiny baby around!). i barely resisted the urge to bust open the package and savor the scent of the diapers and smiles at just how little they truly are...