it's been a "smile-ful" week...although, to be honest, i'm not certain where the week has gone. seriously, is it just me or is time moving WAY too quickly! before i know it, august and september will be here, and we'll be meeting our newest little yak....oh my! anyway...without further ado...here are some smiles from our week.
1. i love how much the girls LOVE our bed....and lately kate has been completely enthralled with snuggling down under the covers in "big beds" (ours or elizabeths)...for a minute it makes me think, "hmmm...perhaps she is ready for a big girl bed."....and then the moment passes, i think about my own sanity, and determine that since she isn't trying to get out of the crib, in it she shall say for the time being! :) i also love the qubo channel....especially on evenings when daddy is working late or project-ing....prego mama is completely wiped out....and it just isn't quite bedtime...and yes, that is exactly what elizabeth is so intently focused on in the picture below.
3. the voice of a triumphant, proud 3 1/2 year old shouting, "I'M DOING IT! I'M DOING IT!" while successfully booking down the sidewalk on her very first two-wheeler (well, four if you count the training wheels). she has mastered the art of pedaling, and we've enjoyed many a bike ride down to visit the ducks at the pond and then back around the cul-de-sac. my heart bursts with excitement and bittersweet emotion at how stinkin' big my "baby" is getting! kate also got a new bike in the garage saling fun....she is quite excited to be able to reach the pedals, and we find the handle quite convenient to help our daredevil with the steering process. (i love the way she looks like she just might ride right on into the pond in the pic below...seriously, that would SO be her personality...totally!)
elizabeth did promptly inform daddy that he was too big for her bike...and yes...it's me...i'm actually in one picture...notice my ever growing prego belly!
6. starting a knitting project. oh my, i haven't had a knitting project going for quite sometime, but after scoring the bargain nursery bedding and decor, i decided the baby needed a soft, hand-knit blanket to match. i'm using naturally caron yarn (for those fellow knitters who might be curious) in four colors--soft sunshine, green sheen, ocean spray, and naturally....and doing a simple (because simple is all my mind and attention span can handle these days!) block pattern. once the baby comes i will decide what color i want to whipstitch the blocks together in....pink or blue!
7. what better fun for kiddos than a big, empty box. mike and the girls decorated their "rocket ship" while i was at a baby shower saturday morning. the girls LOVED it!
9. summer dresses...i love getting the girls all ready for church on sunday mornings...and i especially loved the orange polka dress i bought for kate at a garage sale for just $1. elizabeth loved it too and was way disappointed that it was a bit too short for her...she did come around though and tell kate just how beautiful she looked in it. i love that the shots below capture my girls personalities so well...kate is a-rockin' away in the chair...spunky little monkey...and elizabeth, just chillin'...that is SO them!
....and i can barely contain my excitement over whats coming this weekend...our first summer trip to the lake! hooray! so come back next week for lots of pictures of the girls splashing, swinging, and otherwise LOVIN' some time at the lake with grandmommy and poppy.
...not only that...but mike and i celebrate our 5th (wow!) anniversary on friday!