smiles to share! hopefully i will actually finish this and get it posted before tuesday is over!
1. a fabulous week of help from my mom!
2. meeting poppy at the children's museum for a day of fun...see my previous post for some pictures!
3. seeing the girls' excitement to check out poppy's big yellow bus! (again, see the previous post for pictures)
4. three sleeping girlies on our way home from the lake. seriously...it was a delightful 2 1/2 hours of conversation and togetherness for mike and me after a LONG week with him working LOTS of overtime on a big project. i especially love that kate fell asleep with her blanket completely covering her...head, face, and all...
5. these adorable dresses G.G. found and gave the "big" girls...not to mention the gorgeous baby afghan she knit for little jillian! i also am smiling that elizabeth and kate actually are in a picture together...with smiles and NOT hurting each other! :)
6. this growing girl who is already 2 weeks old...which BLOWS my mind! and yes, that is kate's hand in the picture...she loves touching and kissing and "loving" on her "baby".
7. introducing jillian to many more family members...aunt shell and G.G....and also my cousins, matt and mike, and uncle and aunt. i think she most definitely enjoyed snuggling with her new friends!
9. did i already mention this little girlie...i think i did...but it bears repeating. isn't she just the sweetest. and oh how her little cheeks are plumping right back up as the formula and supplementing packs the pounds back on. by the way...thank you all for your prayers, words of encouragement, etc. after praying, seeking mike's wisdom and leadership, AND considering our very active kate and elizabeth (especially after finding kate sans diaper in the midst of causing some mayhem around the house while i tried to nurse, give a supplemental bottle, and pump in an effort to increase my milk supply!) we have decided to switch to bottles. i'm still able to get about half of what she needs by pumping for about 10 minutes 5 or 6 times a day...and beyond that, i am simply trusting God and remembering that He answers ALL of our prayers...even the ones that are answered "no". (again...see my last post if you haven't already). as a note...thanks to those who suggested a lactation consultant or other ways to increase my supply...we actually spent the first fourth months of kate's life meeting with breastfeeding groups, lactation consultants, buying herbal supplements, eating oats, drinking pineapple juice and beer, and so on and so forth...to no avail...hence my decision to forego that route this time. but i am so thankful for your loving suggestions and feedback...i love being loved through the internet...it is quite amazing! and i suppose i am smiling about that fact!
11. i should mention being excited to have started a new Bible study this morning at church. i'm doing the beth moore "esther" study and am quite excited! :)