Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Happy Six Months...

I'll share a "teaser" today...since today is the actual 6 month mark (something I just can't believe!--where in the world have 6 months gone!). This morning we had a little photo shoot to capture the day....I know I talk about her grin that lights up the day....so here it is! (My plan is to post more pictures tomorrow when I can use my parents higher speed connection...so come back to see more!)My Kate...how can 6 months have passed by so quickly. You are truly growing up before our eyes. This month you've experienced lots of "firsts"....


-your first taste of green beans (and the priceless "grossed out" expression that came with this experience), peas (which you loved), squash, and sweet potatoes

-your first night away from mommy and daddy...a "slumber party" at grandmommy and poppy's house

-sitting up on your own

-rolling over...yep...you finally mastered this one after lots of work!

-your first bath in the big tub...with your big sister (who loved helping wash you!)

-your first venture in outlet shopping! ;)



Kate...you have added so much joy to our home....and noise too! You have a voice, you and aren't afraid to use it. You make noise ALL the time (daddy likes to say you really are your mama's girl!)...screeching, babbling, giggling, and yes, crying at times. Sometimes we can't figure out whether your noise is happy or frustrated!


This month we have discovered just how much you love to hear us sing. The minute we start a song, you turn to find us and your little face just lights up, that big grin spreading from cheek to chubby cheek as you "sing" along in all your glorious noisyness! Elizabeth likes to help "teach" you the motions to our songs. You also love to join in on Elizabeth's nap-time routine...sitting in mommy's lap and helping to turn the pages in each book. I love seeing you study the pictures...reaching out to touch the pages. You still love touching and feeling...especially things that are crinkly and soft.


We are convinced you must be working on your first little tooth...you drool and drool and drool...and chew on anything that gets nearby. Poor girl, you have had a rough few nights with the teething...up a couple times at night...which is unusual for you, as you typically sleep through the night from about 8 pm to 8 am. Speaking of sleeping, you finally seem to have settled into a routine of sorts, napping for an hour and a half or so in the morning and afternoon and an occasional cat-nap in the evening. And (drumroll please) you have finally graduated out of your tight little swaddle....sleeping without your "burrito". You do love to clutch blankie bear in one arm and a soft blankie in the other.

Kate, you are growing so fast...and I am loving each day...savoring the smiles, cuddles, giggles, firsts...dreaming of what tomorrow holds. I LOVE YOU! Happy six months!


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy 6 months Kate!! She's so cute, Amanda!

Rebecca said...

Wow...6 months already?! Kate is so beautiful! I love her smile! I enjoyed your smiles, as always. Thanks for the anniversary wishes! :) Have a great rest of the week!

Amy's Blah, Blah, Blogging said...

It is all way too fast! Tomorrow is Lilla's 2nd birthday and it just blows me away it was two years ago. Too, too fast!

Leslie said...

6 months amazing...
that smile does light up your life no doubt.
she is a joy
reading this gives me chills...
I can't believe that Rylan is older than her. That I have passed some of those milestones with her.
Its craziness.
I want to bottle up this infant season, so I can pull it out and enjoy later...
I really do.
Thanks for your sweet words today.
Your a blessing..

Lisa said...

This post is an amazing gift to your daughter! I can just imagine Kate as an adult, reading this and getting to peak at all you enjoyed and went through. So beautiful...

But, oh how time flies. I remember reading your Mom's "one big smile Tuesday" when she was born - feels like just the other day!
So glad to get this glimpse of your bundle of joy....