Saturday, March 22, 2008

on the hunt

this morning was Elizabeth's first egg hunt...who would believe that it would be snowing during an easter egg hunt. yep...snowing. just before they sounded the siren to start the hunt the flakes started sprinkling down. good thing we were bundled in our warm wintry clothes....oh well, rain or shine elizabeth had a blast picking up the eggs and candy (and didn't seem nearly as overwhelmed by the massive (i mean MASSIVE) crowds of kids and their parents--and holy cow...some of those parents were pretty "intense" (if you know what i mean) about their kids doing what they wanted them to and gathering the eggs! anyway...definitely a fun time!

daddy and libs
scope out the eggs

while katers looks on from
her warm cocoon in the stroller


one for the money, two for the show,
three to get ready, and.....

....four to go!
she's got it!
showing off her "loot"!

as a sidenote...i am finally starting to feel better. today is the first day that i actually would say i am feeling significantly better. i can breathe....i have some energy....i'm actually sleeping more soundly at night. finally!
since i highly doubt i will blog again this weekend...happy easter! may you have a delightful weekend celebrating the reality that (as elizabeth would LOVE to tell you), "JESUS IS ALIVE!" as for our family...tonight we'll be making "tomb cookies" (they go in the oven tonight and "bake" overnight...then in the morning elizabeth will open the oven to get them out and find that they are hollow!--there are even wonderful Scriptures to go along with the steps for mixing them...so fun!). tomorrow we will enjoy a wonderful easter sunday service...with the girls in their matching dresses, and then mike's family is coming by for lunch with us, and we might even see my parents later in the evening. i do hope you enjoy your day as well!

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Thank you for the note of congrats! And the encouragement. It's nice to hear there our others out there who have done this and survived! I know it's going to be a challenge, but I know it's going to be great as well! Funny that I have been praying for more patience and then I find out I'm pregnant again! I'm sorry for your disappointment. I know how that goes, too.
The easter egg hunt looked like a lot of fun! Looks like Elizabeth got right into it! I love that blanket Kate was cover in. So cute and fun. I just found out about those "tomb" cookies yesterday from a friend of mine. They sound so cool...I love the visual they give of the true meaning of Easter. I don't have th stuff to make them tonight, but I think I may still do them later in the week.
Well, I'm off to watch a movie with my hubby and then go to bed. Have a blessed Easter!